Do you have a session, workshop, tour, or another proposal for the 2019 API Conference, October 2-4 in St. John’s NL? Submissions are now open, and you can apply online.
The new, extended deadline is April 15.
In an effort to help you when considering submitting a proposal to speak at the conference, the Conference Committee has developed a list of possible topics of interest for conference sessions. If you feel you have something to offer, either by organizing or contributing to a session on one of these topics, the Committee would like to hear from you.
In no particular order:
- Climate Change – turning climate change information into concrete planning policy and land management.
- Navigating Social Media in Public Engagement Processes – Best practices for keeping your process on track, meaningful and inclusive.
- Overtourism – Issues, opportunities and approaches.
- Housing – Increasing housing options in communities and neighbourhoods
- Legal Issues in Planning – current trends and what it means for planners and planning
- Working with Indigenous communities – understanding Truth and Reconciliation and what it means for planners.
- Social Equity and Inclusiveness – Is Planning getting better at this?
- Municipal Plans and Implementing Bylaws – Cross region trends and observations.
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Bishop, FCIP, Conference Committee Chairperson at email@example.com