Designer & Planner
COMPANY NAMEPlateia Planning
APPLICATION DEADLINEAugust 31, 2020
Plateia Planning is a boutique firm dedicated to evolving zoning bylaws and municipal planning practices. We work closely with our clients across Canada to develop tailor-made bylaws that simplify land use regulations and application processes. We specialize in form-based and hybrid codes that combine theory with practice. We don’t follow a straight path, but prefer to live in the messy space of design to push the boundaries of innovation and new ideas. We value flexibility and looking deeper for answers.
We are seeking a part-time team member to help visualize, design and research codes for municipalities across Canada. An ideal candidate will:
- Have a thorough understanding of urban design in theory and practice
- Be skilled in graphic design
- Be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD / Revit and Rhino
- Have an interest in using or applying new technology to design
- Have effective time management and the ability to work with a deadline
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be interested in being part of a small tight-knit team
- Have a degree in urban planning, urban design, architecture or equivalent
Municipal or coding experience is considered an asset. Please send an introduction of yourself with how you would be a good fit for the team along with your resume, portfolio and / or CV to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those who are a good fit.