API is governed by a five member Board of Directors.
Tracey Wade, RPP, MCIP (2020-2023)
Chair of the Board
Lindsay Church, MCIP (2020-2023)
Rachel Gilbert, LPP, MCIP (2020-2023)
Jamie Burke, RPP, MCIP (2022-2025)
Daniel Bryce, LPP, MCIP (2022-2025)
Mitch Underhay, MCIP (2022-2025)
The Atlantic Planners Institute is a registered non-profit organization under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act.
API is committed to creating the necessary conditions to allow certified planners in Atlantic Canada to practice within a respected profession, including:
- Provincial Associations within the Atlantic Planners Institute are supported in service delivery to members.
- A legislative environment exists in all four Atlantic Provinces that recognizes the profession.
- Atlantic Canada has an education and training environment that facilitates new entrants to the profession and continuous professional learning throughout a member’s career.
- In Atlantic Canada there is a positive public image of members as a group, of the profession and of the practice of planning.
- The Atlantic Planners Institute is an active participation in national initiatives to support the profession.
In all we do, the Atlantic Planners Institute will:
- Protect the public interest with regards to environmental stewardship, sustainability and public engagement.
- Make evidence-informed decisions.
- Respect diversity of perspectives and backgrounds.
- Foster collaboration and mutual support.
- Work at a regional level to support and promote members and the profession.
- Recognize common interests.
- Act professionally.
- Boldly represent Atlantic interests and values nationally.