COMPANY NAMEMunicipality of East Hants
APPLICATION DEADLINEJuly 17, 2022
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can be part of building the future in a growing community? If you are, East Hants is the place to be!
The Municipality of East Hants is an employer of choice offering diverse career growth, modern facilities, a fun and innovative continuous improvement culture and a Flexible Work policy to promote work-life balance. The main Municipal office is located at the Lloyd E. Matheson Centre in Elmsdale, NS.
Under the direction of the Manager of Development Services, this position supports the Development Control function including acting as a Development Officer. Under the supervision of the Manager of Planning, this position also provides support to the planning function including processing development applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or related field
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience, preferably in Municipal Government
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration
- Possess strong interpersonal, technical, and public relation skills, as well as advanced written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interpret planning and development legislation and regulations within the Municipal Government Act is necessary
- Must be able to work in a high pressure, deadline orientated environment and to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Eligibility to become a member of the Canadian Institute of Planners
- Possess a valid driver’s license