Energize Bridgewater Project Manager
Over the past decade, the Town of Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, has emerged as an international leader in sustainability and energy transition planning and programming. Winner of a GLOBE award in 2018 as well as the national Smart Cities Challenge in 2019, the community’s Energize Bridgewater program has been recognized for its approach to innovation in a municipal setting.
Through this program, the town is moving toward a complete transition to a clean, energy efficient economy within 30 years, while simultaneously lifting its residents out of energy poverty, a condition that affects nearly 40% of the population. With funding in place for the next five years, Bridgewater is expanding its sustainability team by seeking highly motivated professionals who want to be at the forefront of climate, energy, and social innovation in Canada.
The Energize Bridgewater Project Manager oversees the day-to-day management of the Energize Bridgewater program, which is a nationally-recognized Smart Cities initiative. Their primary responsibility is to ensure that project deliverables and outcomes are achieved on time and that project resources and responsibilities are adequately allocated among the project team and external consultants and partners to achieve these objectives. The Project Manager is also responsible for managing contracts with vendors and partners, risk management, and reporting to funders and Senior Management. To foster innovation and support program design, prototyping, and evaluation efforts, the Project Manager will set up an agile and lean project management and continuous improvement environment for the Energize Bridgewater team and its partners.
- Post-secondary degree in sciences, arts, or commerce
- Professional Project Manager (PPM) certification
- Minimum 10 years project management experience (may be combination of employment & volunteer)
- Experience managing complex multi-year projects that focus on technology deployment and innovation
- Experience in one or more of the following is an asset but not a limiting factor:
– Energy efficiency and/or renewable energy projects
– Smart Cities initiatives
– Public Sector, Community services sector and/or poverty alleviation
- Non-union, 5-year term position
- Full time (8:30AM – 4:30PM, Monday to Friday. May be required to work evenings and weekends on occasion. Flex time arrangements possible. No overtime pay.)
- The Town of Bridgewater offers a comprehensive benefit plan including defined contribution pension plan.
Visit www.bridgewater.ca to learn more, including a full job description.
Interested applicants can send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resource Officer, MJSB
Deadline: January 7, 2020
The Town of Bridgewater is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.