Intermediate Land Development Consultant
COMPANY NAMEzzap Consulting Inc.
APPLICATION DEADLINEApril 1, 2022
zzap Consulting Inc. is seeking an Intermediate Land Development Consultant to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the successful completion of a broad range of projects from conceptual land planning to feasibility analysis, public policy development, and project management.
zzap is a multi-dispensary architecture and land use planning consultancy based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. We are focused on close collaboration between land development disciplines, clients, and regulators to create exceptional communities. If you believe that silos are best left in the barnyard, then we’re on the same page. In our mind, the best idea wins, no matter where it comes from.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can take direction and work autonomously in both a lead and support capacity. This position is a unique opportunity for a land use planning, real estate, architecture, or project management professionals to expand their knowledge base, broaden their range of professional experience, and develop their own client and professional relationships over time.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Provide high-level development solutions to complex land use planning and design problems.
- Manage and lead multiple concurrent projects of various phases, scales, and complexity.
- Actively manage budgets, schedules, programs, and team assignments as well as project communications, documentation, and associated administrative tasks.
- Assist with contract proposal preparation/negotiation including scope and fees.
- Coordinate with clients, subcontractors, architects, engineers, landscape architects, permitting officials, and municipal, provincial or federal agencies.
- Coordinate, conduct, and attend client meetings and present as needed.
- Maintain existing, and develop new, client relationships.
- Assist in marketing and business development efforts.
- Attend team meetings and monthly billings.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience in land use planning, architecture, real estate, finance, or similar profession.
- Proven track record of problem-solving skills and informed decision making
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience in managing and facilitating client and consultant relationships
- Strong graphic and visualization skills; with experience in SketchUp and the Adobe Suite of software is considered an asset.
- Any related professional designations (MCIP, LPP, PMP, MRAIC, or similar) are considered an asset.
What you can expect from zzap:
A fast-paced, exciting work environment – We can provide the successful applicant with complex and sophisticated work, interesting clients, and a professional, fun environment where we share a commitment to teamwork, collegiality, and excellence at an office located so close to the ocean you can taste it. Our office is also steps away from the finest lattes and craft beer in Dartmouth and just a bike ride from the beach, if you’re into that sort of thing. Which we are.
Excellent benefits – We recognize the that supporting our colleagues in a balanced life is essential to maintaining the high quality of work our clients expect. Therefore, we offer a top-notch benefits package (extended health, dental, parental leave top-up, and generous paid time off), flexible work schedule and location, and competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
The deadline for applications is April 1, 2022. Please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to:
zzap Consulting Inc.