Land Use Planner
COMPANY NAMETown of Amherst
APPLICATION DEADLINEJune 3, 2022
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented planner that promotes a positive, professional image of the Town of Amherst. This is not an opportunity to just administer existing land use planning documents; this is an opportunity to play a key role their creation as the Town renews its Planning Strategy. Working within a team, you will provide a full range of planning and development services and information to the public, administration, the Planning Advisory Committee, and other municipalities. This is also an opportunity to work on community-defining projects such as a new community centre, the expansion of areas designated for residential and industrial development, and the shift to the green energy economy.
- Post-secondary degree in land use planning or related field (graduate-level preferred).
- Eligibility to become a Licensed Professional Planner in Nova Scotia.
- Experience in a municipal planning environment.
- Program delivery and project management experience considered an asset.
- Experience in green energy or sustainability planning considered an asset.
- Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Understanding of local government roles and responsibilities.
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution, engagement and stakeholder management skills.
- Valid drivers’ license and ability to travel.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Permanent Full-time (35 hours per week)
- Salary: $60,481 to $73,314, commensurate with experience.
- Satisfactory criminal records check at the sole discretion of the CAO
- Flexible work arrangements may be considered
Interested individuals are asked to forward their resume and cover letter, by 4:30pm on June 3, 2022 to:
Krista Crossman, Human Resources Officer
98 Victoria St E
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
The Town of Amherst is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are dedicated to treating people fairly, with respect and dignity and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender and/or gender identity or expression, disability or national origin in accordance with the Nova Scotia Humans Right code.
Should you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 667-3352.