Long Range Planning & Sustainability Manager
COMPANY NAMECity of Campbell River
APPLICATION DEADLINEApril 26, 2021
CONTACT INFORMATIONCharlene Friedrich
LONG RANGE PLANNING & SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
Why Campbell River?
Campbell River offers a rare combination of a welcoming small town feel with large city amenities. We are 45 minutes from the top of Mt. Washington and just minutes from over 100 km of all levels of mountain biking and hiking trails and are surrounded by ocean, rivers and lakes for sports fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding… and whale watching.
As part of the Long Range Planning and Sustainability team, you will work in a fast paced and citizen service environment. Reporting to the Director of Community Planning and Recreation you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, leading and directing long range community planning and sustainability initiatives and activities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Post-secondary degree specializing in Community Planning, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability or a similar relevant program.
- Eligible for membership with Canadian Institute of Planners.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in policy development and program delivery related to long range community planning, social planning, climate change, environmental management and sustainability, preferably in a management role within local government.
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience including 3 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Experience working with politicians, senior staff, public, and the media.
Who you are!
- Highly organized and have excellent time management skills
- You believe that proper planning is the key to success
- Positive and optimistic
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Diplomatic; you treat everyone with respect and dignity
- This exempt position offers a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as an attractive benefit and vacation package.
This posting closes on Sunday, April 25, 2021.
Please send your resume with covering letter, quoting Competition EXT-21-22 to:
Human Resources Department
City of Campbell River
301 St. Ann’s Road
Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.