Manager of Land Use Planning
COMPANY NAMEDepartment of Agriculture and Land
APPLICATION DEADLINEMarch 16, 2023
The PEI Department of Agriculture and Land encourages the development of an innovative, diverse and inclusive workforce which enables the organization to realize its goals . The Manager of Land Use Planning is responsible for the development and implementation of the province’s Land Use Planning Framework to ensure that planning on PEI is carried out in an efficient manner that meets the needs of the public, developers, industry, and municipal councils. The incumbent shall also work to modernize Land legislation and regulations related to land use and land ownership and coordinate the creation and implementation of provincial land use and development policies.
Duties will include:
- Oversee the administration of the Provincial Land Use Policy and statements of provincial interest.
- Direct and lead planning staff in planning research, assessing and prioritizing land use issues towards the development and implementation of Provincial Land Use Policies and overall land use planning initiatives for the Province.
- Provide expert advice to the Deputy Minister, Director, and Development Officers on land use planning matters and on the implications of provincial policy, programs and legislative proposals for planning authorities.
- Represent provincial interests in land use planning and coordinate with the Legislative Council office and the Department’s Legislative Coordinator on the drafting of legislative amendments and provide advice to the Minister, Deputy Minister, and Director, as required.
- Review and recommend amendments for legislation and regulations to meet policy objectives.
- Evaluate and modernize Acts and regulations related to land use planning processes on a regular basis.
- Monitor, develop and interpret planning policies and regulations to ensure timely and consistent application.
- Interpret policy/procedures and evaluate and respond to inquiries on planning legislation, regulations and policies.
- Administer and manage the Land Use Planning Section, which includes budgeting, staffing and resource control.
- Coordinate provincial land use planning activities with agencies, special interest and citizen groups to establish and to maintain an overall integrated planning approach.
- Support and promote public engagement and consultation in the development and administration of a General Land Use Plan to establish Provincial Land Use designations outside Municipalities with Official Plans.
- Conduct Strategic Planning and Team Building sessions with staff.
- Conduct regular performance management reviews and annual performance appraisals to ensure accountability and expectations are met.
- Perform conflict resolution between staff members and/or the public.
- Coordinate staff work schedules and cross training of staff.