Planner (12-month term)
COMPANY NAMEMunicipality of East Hants
APPLICATION DEADLINEAugust 11, 2021
Planner (12-month term position)
Come join us at one of the fastest growing Municipalities in Nova Scotia!
East Hants is a vibrant and growing community, centrally located and in close proximity to the Halifax Regional Municipality, Truro, and the Bay of Fundy.
The Municipality of East Hants offers diverse career opportunities, modern facilities, an innovative, continuous improvement culture, and a focus on work-life balance. The main office for Municipal staff is located at the Lloyd E. Matheson Centre in Elmsdale, NS.
Reporting to the Manager of Planning, the Planner will be assisting with the creation of planning policies and regulations for the future planned area of the municipality. This includes being responsible for the analysis of current land use and constraints, community and stakeholder engagement, preparing background papers, and the drafting of the policies and regulations.
The Planner may also be involved in processing applications for rezonings and development agreement administration, and assisting the development officer with site plan approval applications, development agreement site inspections, and zoning inquiries.
- Land use Planning degree at Undergraduate or Masters level from a program recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planning
- Several years of related experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Strong writing and public engagement skills
- Ability to manage workload independently with strong research skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite; ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign) would be an asset
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for field work as required
- Some evening and weekend work may be required to assist with community engagement events
For information on how to apply, please visit easthants.ca/employment
Salary Range: $55, 385 – $69,230
Deadline to apply: August 11, 2021
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203.