COMPANY NAMETown of Paradise
APPLICATION DEADLINEJuly 28, 2023
Planner, Planning and Protective Services
Competition Number: TOP-400-011
Full Time, Permanent
The Town of Paradise is inviting applications for the position of Planner. Under the direction of the Director of Planning and Protective Services, this position is primarily responsible for conducting research and analysis in matters related to long range land use planning and interpreting and applying the content of the Town of Paradise Municipal Plan and Development Regulations in relation to development proposals.
The Planner performs research and provides advice and recommendations on matters related to land use, development proposals, zoning, subdivision design, economics, population, transportation, parks and recreation space development and allocation, and environmental and social matters. The Planner prepares reports for the Director, Planning Committee and Council and presents their content as necessary. The Planner prepares submissions related to land use appeals and attends appeal hearings on behalf of the Town. The Planner prepares amendments to the Plan and Development Regulations as well as other Town bylaws.
- Graduation from an accredited institution with a University Degree in Planning
- Experience working in a municipal office or equivalent.
- Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret applicable municipal, provincial and federal codes, regulations and laws applicable to planning and development administration. Specific documents of principle importance include the Town of Paradise Municipal Plan and Development Regulations, the Urban and Rural Planning Act and Regulations, and the Municipalities Act.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to deal well with the public.
- Demonstrated writing ability.
- Knowledge of planning principles and practice.
- Practical skills with software and technology utilized by the Department.
- Report and document preparation abilities including formatting.
- Experienced in the use of geographic information systems.
This is a bargaining unit position working 35 hours per week. The salary scale for the position is $62,269.09 to $77,836.37 as per the Collective Agreement. The deadline to apply is July 28, 2023. The Town of Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply in confidence by forwarding résumé to: