COMPANY NAMETown of Yarmouth
APPLICATION DEADLINEFebruary 6, 2022
We are seeking to fill the role of Town Planner with an energetic individual who is capable of handling a diverse set of responsibilities. As Planner, you will be expected to negotiate agreements, manage applications, coordinate research projects, and address planning inquiries from a broad audience. The Town Planner works closely with all departments on matters that relate to planning and development, and you will be expected to review and amend bylaws and policies on a regular basis. You will also need to be a capable communicator as you prepare and present detailed reports for our CAO, Planning Advisory Committee, and Town Council. You will need to engage the public on a variety of planning matters. But most importantly, as Planner you will be given the opportunity to play a key role in developing and deploying the Planning Strategy for the historic Town of Yarmouth. Our town is undergoing a transformation. This is an opportunity to work with a unique team of individuals on community-defining projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or related field
- Experience as a Municipal Planner
- Well-developed interpersonal and public relation skills together with superior presentation, problem solving, technical and written communication skills. This includes the ability to facilitate, negotiate and resolve conflict
- Ability to interpret planning and development legislation and regulations within the Municipal Government Act
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite Software
- Experience with mapping and utilizing GIS and graphic software
- A member of the Canadian Institute of Planners
Join Our Team!
- Permanent Full-time (35 hours per week)
- Salary: $61,000 – $80,000 – commensurate with experience.
- Optional compressed work week
- Competitive Health benefits
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – Nova Scotia Public Service Superannuation Pension Plan
- Satisfactory proof of vaccination against COVID-19 is required, in accordance with Town policy
For a complete job description we contact the email address below.
To apply for this exciting position, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.