COMPANY NAMEMunicipality of Colchester
APPLICATION DEADLINEJuly 15, 2022
The Municipality of the County of Colchester is centrally located within Nova Scotia between two extraordinary coastlines, Colchester is a progressive rural municipality that offers an unparalleled work-life balance. It is a place that is affordable, welcoming, family focused, rich in diverse culture and natural beauty, with thriving businesses and access to all the modern amenities typically found in an urban setting – without the common stresses of living in an urban setting.
About the role:
The Planner reports to the Manager of Planning and is responsible for providing a variety of professional municipal planning work, including planning programs and projects, short and long range planning initiatives and the development and implementation of land-use policies and zoning bylaws.This is a full-time position. Full job description located on our website www.colchester.ca
Salary range: $65,065 – $75,456 based on 35 hours per week. (under review)
- Group Benefits – Health, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Retirement Plan – Nova Scotia Public Service Superannuation Plan (Employer matched)
- Work-Life Balance
- Fitness and Well-being Incentives
- Competitive Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Pregnancy Top-Up Provision
- Professional Development Opportunities
Qualities to succeed in the role:
|· Problem solving skills|
|· Organization & time management skills||· Project management skills|
|· Strong interpersonal skills as applied to the interaction with the public, community organizations and agencies, elected officials, and co-workers||· Public relations skills
· Resourcefulness, independence, and capacity for teamwork
Education & experience required:
- Minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban, Rural and/or Land Use Planning
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of recent planning experience, with municipal government expertise considered an asset.
- Be a member of the Canadian Institute of Planners (or eligible for membership).
- Experience in correspondence and report preparation
- Working knowledge of Federal and Provincial statutes and municipal bylaws as these relate to development and land-use planning requirements and standards
We welcome applications from all qualified applicants. Please submit a covering letter and resume by July 15, 2022, to the Municipality of Colchester, 1 Church Street, Truro, NS B2N 3Z5 or email: email@example.com Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.colchester.ca.