COMPANY NAMETown of Bridgewater
APPLICATION DEADLINENovember 17, 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Planner II you will be responsible for leading the review of the Town’s Municipal planning documents (Municipal Planning Strategy, Land Use By-law and Subdivision By-law) as well as a range of duties including land use planning and development control support.
You’re experienced Planner with a range of knowledge and expertise gained through progressive roles, assignments, and projects. You understand and value a collaborative approach to achieving individual and departmental goals and objectives and are a natural team player. You possess the skills and acumen to build trust and rapport with diverse stakeholders both internally and externally and are comfortable navigating complex processes and files.
- Post-secondary degree in Planning or a related field is required (Master’s level a strong asset);
- At least five years of relevant experience;
- Previous experience in municipal planning environment is a strong asset;
- Suitable combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Eligibility to become a Licensed Professional Planner as per the NS Professional Planners Act is required.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Qualities:
- Legislation related to land use planning and development control;
- Theoretical and practical understanding of New Urbanism, Community Development, Sustainability
- Community consultation, engagement, and stakeholder management
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Collaborative and team-orientated
- Build and maintain rapport and trust with diverse stakeholders and clients
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Permanent, non-union position
- Salary: $65,000 – $84,000, commensurate with experience. The Town of Bridgewater offers a competitive benefits package including Defined Contribution pension plan.
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
Interested individuals should forward a resume, cover letter, and a portfolio of their work which they feel demonstrates their skills and abilities as it relates to the duties of the position. Submission should be sent in confidence to: Ashley Chase, Human Resources Officer email@example.com