COMPANY NAMEMunicipality of Colchester
APPLICATION DEADLINEJanuary 10, 2023
The Municipality of the County of Colchester is centrally located within Nova Scotia between two extraordinary coastlines, Colchester is a progressive rural municipality that offers an unparalleled work-life balance. It is a place that is affordable, welcoming, family focused, rich in diverse culture and natural beauty, with thriving businesses and access to all the modern amenities typically found in an urban setting – without the common stresses of living in an urban setting.
About the role: The Senior Planner is responsible for providing a variety of professional municipal planning work, including planning programs and projects, short-and-long range planning initiatives and the development and implementation of land-use policies and zoning bylaws.
Salary range: $71,073 – $82,423 based on 35 hours per week. Full-time position
- Group Benefits – Health, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Retirement Plan – Nova Scotia Public Service Superannuation Plan (Employer matched)
- Work-Life Balance
- Fitness and Well-being Incentives
- Professional Development Opportunities
Qualities to succeed in the role:
|· Problem solving skills|
|· Organization & time management skills||· Project management skills|
|· Strong interpersonal skills as applied to the interaction with the public, community organizations and agencies||· Public relations skills
· Resourcefulness, independence, and capacity for teamwork
Education & experience required:
- At minimum, Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, with a minimum of seven (7) years of recent planning experience. Municipal government expertise considered an asset
- Be a member of the Canadian Institute of Planners (or eligible for membership)
- Working knowledge of Federal and Provincial statutes and municipal bylaws as these relate to development and land-use planning requirements and standards
The Municipality of Colchester is committed to treating people fairly, with respect and dignity. Our goal is to continue to move forward as a diverse and inclusive community representative of the citizens we serve by offering equal opportunities free of biases. We have formed an Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee to keep us accountable and to help us reach this goal.
The Municipality supports the principles of the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act and the principles of inclusion for persons with disabilities in the Nova Scotia Accessibility Act. Applicants are encouraged to contact Human Resources at (902) 843-4193 should assistance be required throughout the application and hiring process.