COMPANY NAMEStantec Consulting Limited
APPLICATION DEADLINEJune 24, 2021
At Stantec, we create great places and the connections that make communities work. We provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients by improving and connecting the communities we serve.
As an Urban/Regional Planner within our Transportation business line in Atlantic Canada, you will nurture and grow our client base working with multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of projects and proposals, providing innovative planning and technical expertise to a wide range of clients. This includes marketing and financial elements of project management.
Project opportunities are varied. In addition to leading and contributing to transportation projects across Canada, you will be expected to continue Stantec’s established planning practice in Atlantic Canada. We offer a broad scope to develop a practice based on your skill set and interests. Expertise in municipal planning, urban design, communications and consultation, research and analysis, and environmental and financial assessment will all be valued. We look forward to speaking with generalist planners interested in acquiring new skills and building on a diverse practice.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Effectively manages and leads a team while also working on projects.
- Prepares comprehensive plan concepts and manages complex design projects and proposal pursuits.
- Maintains and strengthens client relationships and plays a key role in client management and satisfaction.
- Performs due diligence and research on projects as required to provide the background information to start a new project.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates the technical aspects of assigned projects. This includes meeting facilitation and client coordination.
- Works within defined project scopes, budgets, and schedules.
- Projects costs and forecasts future trends related to municipal, land use or development/ transportation plans.
- Developing a working understanding of Stantec’s other consulting practice areas and actively supporting cross-selling other services to existing clients.
- Communicates effectively with clients to resolve technical project issues, presents and explains reports and designs, and provides service to meet client’s goals.
- Coordinates with clients, agencies, and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Reviews own work and work of others for accuracy and coordinates with others to ensure QA/QC of deliverables.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Highly effective in assembling and leading teams on complex projects.
- Demonstrates ability to readily identify and resolve potential problems on a project.
- Proficient at project management of multiple concurrent projects.
- Highly successful at building and maintaining client relationships with a focus on business development and responding to opportunities through proposal pursuits.
- Thorough understanding of planning, architecture, and design concepts.
- Well-developed communicator with the ability to work on and lead teams.
- Ability to work independently or in a collaborative team environment.
- Lead the solution to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Knowledge of relevant drafting/design software, such as AutoCAD, GIS, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat would be considered an asset.
- Bilingual in English and French would be considered an asset.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Architecture, Planning, Landscape Architecture or related field. Prefer MCIP/LPP/RPP certification (or eligibility). Minimum of 7 to 8 years of professional experience.
Experience on projects including, but not limited to, municipal planning; strategic planning; public consultation; recreation feasibility studies, needs assessments, and master plans; schools and facilities planning; active transportation plans, transportation master plans, transit plans, and complete streets projects; downtown planning; urban design; demographic analysis; municipal boundary reviews: municipal reorganization studies (consolidation/ amalgamation/ annexation); commercial/ industrial/ residential development in urban and rural locales, and management consulting.
Typical office environment working with computers. Some travel may be required, such as delivering plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients or to attend meetings and public consultations and stakeholder sessions. May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites, and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice. Stantec is amenable to discussing employee locations anywhere in Atlantic Canada.
The names of all applicants will be held in strict confidence to protect the individual’s privacy. Only applicants meeting the specified qualifications will be contacted.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Interested applications should submit a letter and resume to Peter Flower at firstname.lastname@example.org