UPDATE—2019 NATIONAL COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS SURVEY
January 10, 2020
With collaboration from the national, provincial, and territorial planning institutes and associations, the first comprehensive compensation and benefits survey of Canadian professional planners was released last fall.
The survey was open May 8, 2019 to June 9, 2019 and had 1,850 respondents, which represents 24% of regulated members of the Provincial and Territorial Institutes and Associations (PTIAs).
The self-reported data included in the report provides members and the public information about pay levels and other means of compensation. This survey is not necessarily representative of the complete professional planning membership in Canada or the total population of individuals in these positions or locales.
An additional survey report has been created to show professional planners from the Atlantic Canada region the data that most directly relates to them.
Download the 2019 Canadian Professional Planners National Compensation and Benefits Survey report for the Atlantic Planners Institute:
Download the original 2019 Canadian Professional Planners National Compensation and Benefits Survey:
Thank you to all professional planners who participated in the survey and to the following organizations, which provided financial and administrative support:
- Canadian Institute of Planners
- Atlantic Planners Institute
- Licensed Professional Planners Association of Nova Scotia
- Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Professional Planners
- New Brunswick Association of Planners
- Prince Edward Island Institute of Professional Planners
- Ordre des Urbanistes du Québec
- Ontario Professional Planners Institute
- Manitoba Professional Planners Institute
- Saskatchewan Professional Planners Institute
- Alberta Professional Planners Institute
- Planning Institute of British Columbia