Atlantic Planners Institute 2022 Annual Regional Conference Committee Members Needed
October 21, 2021
API’s Annual Conference for 2022 will be held in Prince Edward Island in October 2022. API is pleased to announce we are pilot testing a new approach to planning our annual regional conference. We are establishing a regional committee to ensure a regional scope of annual conference programming, alleviate the volunteer burden on our provincial associations, and create stronger partnerships between API, provincial associations, and the Dalhousie University School of Planning.
Students are welcome! No conference planning experience is required. Volunteer to be part of the planning team and earn CPL credits.
To express interest in volunteering, please email Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1st with the following information:
- Committee you are interested in: Social Subcommittee, Program Subcommittee, Sponsorship Subcommittee
In this new structure:
- a Social Subcommittee will be recruited from the host province to organize the social aspects of the program and help plan pre- and post-conference workshops;
- a Program Subcommittee will be recruited from all four Atlantic Provinces to develop the call for proposals, review proposals, identify keynotes and develop the conference program;
- a Sponsorship Subcommittee will be recruited from all four Atlantic Provinces to identify and contact potential sponsors; and
- API’s Administrative Centre Staff will provide overall logistics and planning support for budgeting, registration, website, sponsorship agreements, speaker agreements, graphic design, communications, and venue logistics. API staff will support the work of the subcommittees.
As much as possible, we would like the subcommittees to include members from across the region, from each provincial association in Atlantic Canada, and representing all categories of membership.
We will meet monthly starting in late November and bi-weekly for the six weeks leading up to the conference.
We look forward to being in person in 2022!
API Executive Director