Come to Charlottetown, October 19 – 21, 2022 as professional planners from Atlantic Canada gather to discuss, review, and plan approaches to provide a Place for Everyone.
Call For PROPOSALS
- Call for Proposals (full details): download PDF
- Proposal submissions (deadline extended to March 14, 2022): view submission form
THE CONFERENCE THEME—A Place for Everyone
In 2022, the API Conference will be themed around the work done by planners in creating “A Place for Everyone.” Whether in housing, recreation, or simple pride of place, the forward-thinking work of planners is critical in creating areas where everyone can feel welcome. But beyond the physical outcomes, the planning process also has a need for everyone to be heard, to know that they have a place in shaping the future of their community.
- Housing and Transportation: Urban and rural, affordability, feasibility, and innovation
- Climate Change Adaptation: Managing public spaces, natural infrastructure, and habitat
- Newcomers and multi-culturalism: Immigration, diversity, equity and inclusion
- Reconciliation: Indigenous perspectives, two-eyed seeing, and public participation
- Lessons from COVID: changing modes of engagement, adaptations to practice, unveilings, and operations
A Place for Everyone 2022 will attract professional planners, planning students, municipal staff, elected officials, and other professionals with an interest in planning. The conference will provide an important opportunity for professionals from diverse fields to come together to network and explore ways to further integrate the relationship between planning, our communities, and the new environment.