Student Scholarship Program
The Atlantic Planners Institute (API) annually recognizes and awards the achievement of students enrolled in an accredited professional planning program at Dalhousie University who have an interest in pursuing planning as a profession. The purpose is to recognize excellence in planning studies and contribution to the field of planning. The API Student Scholarships are intended to provide monetary assistance to students for tuition, research, books or other academic expenses. These awards will be evaluated based on the entirety of the application and overall merit. Two scholarships, valued at $750 each, will be granted to one student in the graduate planning program and one in the undergraduate planning program.
Applications are now open. Deadline is January 31, 2020.
Full-time students who have completed at least one semester in an accredited planning program (undergrad or graduate level) at Dalhousie University, and are Student members in good standing of API.
- Completed application form including name, contact info, areas of interest or specialization
- Description of current and past service and commitment to the community (e.g., planning school, API, or society in general)
- The career objectives of the applicant (max 500 words)
- Academic performance (transcript)
- Reference support (two letters of reference, including one from an RPP/LPP/MCIP)
*Applications will be accepted online through the API website only.